Friday, July 25, 2014

CHOSEN

There is something so awesome about the word "chosen".  


When I think of this word
- CHOSEN -
a rush of security, confidence, and power comes into my heart.  
To be chosen... it's special. It's actually more than just special - to be chosen means you are wanted, sought after, pursued, loved, cherished.


Today, this word came into my mind as I looked down at my tiny little baby girl.  She is now 6 weeks old!  7 weeks ago, she was literally a prayer, a desire of my heart, a constant plea to God.  Today, she's in my arms staring up at me, her eyes connecting with mine as she drinks her bottle, her toes wiggling, her little hands trying to get into her mouth, along with the bottle!  She is chosen.  God picked her up and chose her for our family - a miracle we all call adoption.  God chose me to be her mommy, for my husband to be her daddy, and for Josiah to her big brother...forever.  

When I think of my children and their adoption stories, I imagine God hearing our prayers, and searching the earth, and then... choosing.  Choosing Josiah.  Choosing Abigail.  I imagine Him breathing over them, "You are chosen to be in this family.  I want YOU in a Christian home.  I want YOU to know me from a young age.  YOU have been chosen for a special and great purpose."  

And what about you?  God chooses us to be HIS children, part of HIS forever family too.  Adoption is such a miraculous picture of this.  When we accept His Son, Jesus, as our Savior, then He becomes our Father too.  We're taken from our current situation, and become part of something new.  As God's children, He gives us His name, His heart, His desires, His will.  He teaches us and trains us as our Father.  
We belong.  We're adopted.

Today, rest in knowing that if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, then you are chosen and adopted into God's family!  You are wanted.
You are sought after.
You are pursued.
You are loved.
You are family.
You are cherished by our perfect God.


My baby girl, Abigail and I.


Love & Blessings,
Allison

Instagram (allisondavisblog
Twitter (allisondavis339)!  
Google Plus


1 comment: