Friday, October 3, 2014

A Time to Share: Why I Started A Blog

Hi Friends!  So, yes, I've started a blog!  Well I actually started it several months back, but am just now getting a clear grasp on what God is leading me to write about AND the courage to share it with you.  So yes, now....Now it's time to actually follow through and share.

Plain and simple, I started this blog because I have a burden on my heart from God to do it.  To share what He has taught me through my weaknesses and struggles, and through this, I hope to encourage women from a Christian perspective to LIVE out our faith in Jesus.  Day in, day out - to LIVE IT out.  
Many of you know one of my biggest life difficulties - that is infertility.  But what the Enemy meant for harm and pain, God has used this for amazing good and HOPE.  Many of you don't know that I recently came through the darkest, but most refining seasons of my 35 years - a season filled with anxiety and heaviness. God has seriously brought me up out of this and out of my disappointments to PROVE that He is faithful and can be trusted with our whole hearts.

So, I can't fully explain it except to say that I feel God put things, such as these, on my heart to share and it truly burdens me until I share it - I actually feel a burden right now as I'm writing share this TODAY.  And I don't mind sharing. I don't mind telling others my heartaches, my weaknesses, my faults, my lessons learned.  I mean seriously, we all know none of us are perfect, so why would I try to act like I am?  How is acting and appearing perfect helpful to anyone and how does that glorify God?  Doesn't God get noticed when we show others how He has helped and changed us?  I hope to be "real" and to encourage others to put our trust in God.

Many of my struggles are common to other women, and if I can model and share how God has helped, strengthened, changed, and grown me through them - then it's all worth it.  I want to encourage women to LIVE OUT their Christian faith - Let's stop just attending church or only feeling inspired about "God-things"...let's actually live it in the normal, every-day, ins-and-outs of our lives.  Let's make a true difference for God and in the legacy we leave!  Yes! I'm pumped!

Now to totally lighten things up - I also really love to have fun and be goofy!  So, I'll also add posts about  my family, my favorite hobby - fashion and makeup, and just life stuff!

Upcoming "Weekly Posts": 
- My goal is to have a post every Friday that is just FUN and based on my favorite things I did that week and makeup and products I'm currently into - that post will be called "Friday Favorites"!
-My other "weekly post" goal is on Wednesdays called "Word of God Wednesday" and will feature a devotional and Bible Verse print about something I have been learning from the Word of God that week!
*So check back each week on Wednesday and Friday for those posts, if you're interested! :)  

Other Future Topics:  
-I will also be writing out my children's adoption stories - they are definitely GOD STORIES!  Many of you were a part of these stories because you were prayer warriors for me and my husband!
- I also really want to write out my husband and I's dating journey because we actually broke up once and almost broke up a 2nd time because of my hubby's "commitment issues".  Lol.  It's kinda funny now... but it wasn't at the time. And I have girls ask me advice on this often due to my personal experience, so I'd like to write about that at some point.

Lastly, if you are a part of my business in any way, I'm super excited to share a part of who I am with you outside of business!  My faith is WHO I am and drives every other decision and desire, so my prayer is that I can model that (not perfectly!) through this blog for you.  

Thanks for reading!  Pray for me please and let me know how I can pray for YOU!
Love & Blessings,
Allison



PS - Also follow me on my social medias!

Twitter - allisondavis339
Instagram allisondavisblog
Email:  allisondavisblog@gmail.com


2 comments:

  1. I just read through ALL the blog posts :) I LOVE it! Alli you have so much wisdom to share and it was so easy and fun to read. Definitely got me thinking! Thanks for being real and also obedient! We, your readers, will be blessed in return :) I love you and proud to be your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much for your encouragement, Erica! That means a lot to me! Love you!

      Delete