Wednesday, October 15, 2014

How to Pray When You're Nervous, Fearful, or Anxious

I think a lot of us women deal with feeling nervous, fearful or anxious.  We're thinkers, analyzers, worriers, emotional, and we lead with our hearts.  But although we can feel nervous, fearful, or anxious initially, we don't have to stay there.  We can learn to trust God with whatever is giving us that knot in our stomach, whatever is keeping us awake at night, whatever makes us start to feel out of control.
October is Prayer Month on my Blog!
I realized that there will always be something in this life that we will make us feel fearful.  We can't take that away, but we can learn day by day, moment by moment to give our fears over to God.  We can learn to trust Him with our hearts and our very lives.  He promises in His Word that we can trust Him.  It's in these fearful times that our faith becomes REAL, or it is just something we do on Sunday mornings.  Do we BELIEVE Him and trust Him?  

2 ways I switch my mind from fear to trusting Him:


  1. I will grab my journal and write at the top - "God, I trust you with...".
    Then I just list out everything on my mind that I'm nervous about.  
    I really try to think - WHY am I feeling nervous?  And then I write it out and pray over each thing saying, "God I trust you with ___."  Sometimes throughout the day the fear over that issue that I already prayed about comes BACK!  :/  So I state my prayer again, "God I trust you with _____."  I state this prayer over and over until I've let it go.

2.  I will open Psalms and read through His promises about trusting Him.  

I have a ton of these verses underlined in my Bible.  I have many of them written on the front and back covers of my journal.  I re-write them and re-read them many times - I LOVE these verses!  It reminds me of the truth - that I can trust God without wavering!  I wrote out a few of my favorite verses about trusting God for any of you that would like to print this off and use these verse for yourself!



Thanks for reading and I would love to hear what helps you to turn and trust God during fearful moments or seasons of your life!  God is real and He helps us with the real issues in our lives!

Love & Blessings,
Allison


Other Posts About Prayer:

A Simple, Daily Prayer To Start Your Day



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instagram (allisondavisblog
Twitter (allisondavis339)!  
Google Plus


4 comments:

  1. This really speaks to my heart! This is the second time I heard about listing the attributes of God from the book of Psalm when feeling fearful or anxious. I think it's a reminder from God to start putting this for practice. Have you considered sharing this much needed message with other women in a christian link up like timewarpwife.com? Many will benefit from it.
    Blessing to you and your blog.
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and feedback, Pricilla. I have had that happened where it's like God keeps bringing the same message back around to me - it's pretty cool how He makes His will known to us! And I've never considered sharing this anywhere else, but I will check out that link. Thank you and thanks for your encouragement! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally just bookmarked this so I can reference back! This is a great post. It's so common to easily pray when things are going right in life. Anger and frustration are the firsts I turn to when things are not so right. I will follow both steps next time I feel anxiety creeping in. Thank you for the encouragement! Your blog is great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Amanda! Blessings to you! :)

      Delete